Skip to main content
Global Economic Outlook
- Global economic growth likely falls further below trend in 2023 as the aggressive monetary tightening weighs on activity and consumption.
- Europe’s energy crisis and the strong dollar are but two of many challenges, while supply chain normalization and slowing demand suggest a disinflationary episode ahead.
Emerging Markets Outlook
- Sluggish Chinese growth weighs on EM growth performance in 2022, but improvement seems likely in 2023.
- Uneven terms of trade shocks, strong dollar, and slowing global growth remain headwinds for emerging markets as a whole.
Global Capital Markets
- With the collapse of equity values in 2022, we are observing meaningful improvement from bottom-up drivers for equity markets. However, we remain cautious given still-elevated risk regimes.
- The outlook for commodities is more balanced amid weakening economic growth and higher financing costs, but we remain constructive on tight supplies, firm momentum and ongoing geopolitical risks.