At State Street Global Advisors we are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We accomplish this in a variety of ways.
- We work with employers to help millions of people live more secure and dignified retirements.
- We help endowments and foundations fund educational, scientific, and environmental breakthroughs.
- We collaborate with financial advisors to help their clients reach their financial goals.
- We help countries build their infrastructure, implement monetary policy and save for future generations.
- We partner with corporations to help them meet their financial commitments and reinvest in their businesses.
Our clients are the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors. To help them achieve their financial goals we live our guiding principles each and every day:
Start with rigor
We take a highly disciplined and risk-aware approach built on exhaustive research, careful analysis and market-tested experience to meet client needs. Rigor is behind every decision we make.
Build from breadth
Today’s investment problems demand a breadth of capabilities. We build from a universe of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions.
Invest as stewards
We help our portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustain-able for the planet can deliver long-term performance. As fiduciaries, we believe good stewardship is good investing.
Invent the future
We created the first ETF in the US and are pioneers in index, active, and ESG investing. Using data, insights and investment skill, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
For four decades, these principles have helped us be the quiet power in a tumultuous investing world. Helping millions of people secure their financial futures. This takes each of our employees in 26 offices around the world, and a firm-wide conviction that we can always do it better. As a result, we are the world’s third largest asset manager with nearly US $2.51 trillion* under our care.
*AUM reflects approx. US$32.45 billion (as of December 31, 2018), with respect to which State Street Global Advisors Funds Distributors, LLC serves as marketing agent; SSGA FD, LLC and State Street Global Advisors are affiliated.