Investing Directly Through the Stock Market
Buying and selling SPDR ETFs works in the same way as shares, as they:
- can be bought and sold anytime during ASX trading hours
- are allocated an ASX code, or Ticker
- have no minimum investment, but there might be a small amount which is defined by your broker
- can be traded using the same order types/strategies (e.g. stop, market and limit orders)
- are priced intraday, meaning you can view the price movements just as you would with shares
Investors will need to pay brokers' commissions, trading fee and other levies associated with ETF trading. These amounts will vary and are paid directly by the investor to the broker or other service providers.